I’ve added a “facebook share” badge on each post making it really easy to share your favorite posts with your friends. Thanks for spreading the word!
One of the moms in my daughter’s playgroup shared this slow cooker veggie lasagna recipe. She got it from a magazine 5 years ago and now it’s a family favorite.
I was thrilled because the veggie lasagna I used to make is tasty, but time consuming. I really think I like this one better. It’s pretty amazing actually.
I started the prep work at 2:45pm and turned the slow cooker on at 3:08. But I’m pretty slow so you probably could get it done in 15 minutes. The only downside is it cooks for 3 hours so it might not work for a work day. I think it’s perfect for a Saturday or Sunday or an at home weekday.
- 8-ounce package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded and firmly packed
- 26-ounce jar roasted garlic marinara sauce
- 8-10 regular lasagna noodles (not no-boil)
- Remove ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Set aside. In a bowl, combine remaining mozzarella, ricotta, eggs, Parmesan and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook carrots in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir into cheese mixture and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir remaining ½ teaspoon salt into zucchini. Spray Crock Pot with cooking spray. Spread ⅓ sauce on bottom. Gently break 2 noodles to fill and cover bottom.
- Spread 1 cup cheese mixture over the noodles. Top with 1 cup shredded zucchini. Top with ⅔ cup marinara sauce. Repeat with a second layer (2 noodles, 1 cup cheese mixture, 1 cup shredded zucchini and ⅔ cup marinara sauce).
- Add a third layer of noodles and top with remaining cheese mixture and zucchini only. Top with noodles and remaining marinara sauce, then sprinkle with the reserved ½ cup mozzarella.
- Cook on High for 3 hours. Let stand 15-20 minutes before serving.
Directions (with pictures)
Remove ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, stir remaining ½ teaspoon salt into zucchini.
Spray Crock Pot with cooking spray.
Repeat with a second layer (2 noodles, 1 cup cheese mixture, 1 cup shredded zucchini and 2/3 cup marinara sauce).
Add a third layer of noodles and top with remaining cheese mixture and zucchini only.