We eat a lot of fruit in my house. Not only do my kids love (little D is coming around) it makes a nice snack when the next meal isn’t too far away, such as the late afternoon.
So the snack I’m highlighting today are California Cuties. According their website, the term “Cuties” refers to two varieties of mandarins: Clementine mandarins and Murcott mandarins. Here are 5 reasons I love them:
1. They are in season: From November to April Cuties are in season. Now is the time to enjoy them!
2. Easy to peel: Kids love to peel Cuties because it’s so easy. I just help Big A get started and she loves to “do it herself.”
3. Packed with nutrition: According to the their website, two Cuties contain 260 DV for vitamin C. I always talk about adding vitamin C to meals, like breakfast, to increase the absorption of iron rich foods. This is a great choice.
They are also a good source of folic acid, potassium, niacin and thiamin.
4. Tasty on-the-go snack: Cuties are super sweet and easy to just throw in my purse.
5. My daughter loves them: I think Big A’s record is 8 Cuties (in a row). She loves them. My 20-month old is too young for them. Watch out because Cuties might be hard to chew and swallow for younger children.
So who out there loves Cuties too?